Cleaning Your Wood Floor
Not to be taken lightly! How you clean your wood floor means a lot of the future of your wood floor. We're listing the steps here and it's important to read them and share the information with your house cleaners.
1. Sweep or vacuum the floor with a hard floor attachment to remove loose dirt.
2. Use a wood-safe cleaner with water
3. Mop your floor with the mixture. Try not have excessive water - do not let liquid pool, which can warp and streak wood.
4. Gently scrub stains and shoe marks with a quality cleaner. If there's a stain that's hard to get out, use a toothbrush or sponge. Do not use steel wool or scouring pads to avoid scratches.
5. Rinse the water and enjoy the shine.
Noteworthy: If you're depending on a housecleaning service, be very clear with them about how you expect your floors to be cleaned. Don't leave it up to chance. If you walk them through the correct steps, you know that you've protected your investment.